The Aurora Awards are presented at the SEBC’s Black Tie Gala/Spectacular at the Rosen center in Orlando, FL on July 28, 2012. The Award competition recognizes achievements in building design. As a team member on many of the winning projects Two Trails Inc. is proud to be a part of the client teams that were nominated and won an Aurora Award. The Aurora Awards (www.TheAuroras.com) is a competitive award competition held during SEBC (Southeast Builders Conference). Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) sponsors the Award competition; one of the largest associations of it’s kind. The Aurora Award design competition is presented to outstanding builders, planners, architects, developers, designers, and interior merchandisers within a twelve state southeastern and eastern Caribbean region.
The design competition since it’s inception thirty-two years ago, continues to grow and honor residential and commercial designers and builders in over 85 categories. Categories consist of Commercial, Residential, Price Point, Energy Efficiency, Green Building and many more. The builders in the categories also recognize major Team members on the project. Two Trails Inc.-Green Building Consulting is proud to be a part of thirty-two (32) 2012 Aurora Awards this year.
“We are proud to be a part of our client’s success this year. Two Trails Inc. was a chosen team member in client projects that received a combined total of 32 Aurora Awards.” stated Drew Smith, President of Two Trails Inc.
Award Categories won by Clients with Two Trails as a Team member:
Golden Aurora Award: Phil Kean Designs for The 2012 New American Home
Best of State Aurora Awards:
- Florida: Phil Kean Designs- CUSTOM HOME (One of a Kind) $2,000,001-$3,000,000
- North Carolina: DCI Homes Inc - GREEN CONSTRUCTION Production Built Home Under 6 Homes of Same Design
Grand Aurora Awards:
- Phil Kean Designs: CUSTOM HOME (One of a Kind) $2,000,001-$3,000,000
- Phil Kean Designs: ENERGY EFFICIENT HOME
- The Artec Group, Inc: ENERGY EFFICIENT HOME
- MyGreenBuildings: ENERGY EFFICIENT HOME
- Phil Kean Designs: WATER-WISE HOME
- Phil Kean Designs: SOLAR ENERGY HOUSE
- Phil Kean Designs: NATURAL GAS HOME
- DCI Homes Inc: GREEN CONSTRUCTION Production Built Home - Under 6 Homes of Same Design
- The Artec Group, Inc: GREEN CONSTRUCTION Demonstration Model - $1,000,001-$2,000,000
- Phil Kean Designs: GREEN CONSTRUCTION Demonstration Model - Over $2,000,000
- NWC Construction Inc: Detached Single-Family Home $200,001-$300,000
- Phil Kean Designs: Custom Home (One of a Kind) $1,000,001 - $1,500,000
- Phil Kean Designs: Custom Home (One of a Kind) $2,000,001 - $3,000,000
- Phil Kean Designs: Interior Detailing Over $2,000,001
- Phil Kean Designs: Energy Efficient Home - Best Energy Efficient Home
- The Artec Group, Inc: Energy Efficient Home - Best Energy Efficient Home
- MyGreenBuildings: Energy Efficient Home - Best Energy Efficient Home
- DCI Homes Inc: Energy Efficient Home - Best Energy Efficient Home
- Phil Kean Designs: Best Water-Wise Home
- Phil Kean Designs: Solar Energy House - Best Solar Energy Efficient House
- Phil Kean Designs: Natural Gas Home - Best Natural Gas Single Family Home
- DCI Homes Inc: Green Construction - Production Built Home - Under 6 Homes of Same Design
- The Artec Group Inc: Green Construction - Demonstration Model - $1,000,001 - $2,000,000
- Phil Kean Designs: Green Construction - Demonstration Model - Over $2,000,000
- Habitat for Humanity South Sarasota Co. Inc: Green Construction Affordable Housing
- Phil Kean Designs: Green Construction - New Construction - $1,000,001 - $2,000,000
- Phil Kean Designs: Green Construction - New Construction - Over $2,000,000
- MyGreenBuildings: Green Construction - New Construction - Over $2,000,000
- Dimmitt Automotive Group: Green Construction - Commercial/Office/Retail Space
About Drew Smith | Two Trails, Inc. was founded in 2001, by an innovative builder who set out to change the methodology of conventional building science. Drew realized that the only way to change the industry was to become the resource for the knowledge on how to implement healthy, sustainable projects. He “hung up his hammer” and opened one of the first green building, consulting firms in the nation.
By helping to develop standards for the American Lung Association, National Home Builders Association, Florida Green Building Coalition, and USGBC LEED for Homes by either writing the standard or testing the viability of the standard in the field, he was able to provide his firm with a thorough understanding of the science of building sustainable, healthy, environmentally conscious, and affordable solutions for the building industry. He was “green” before “green” was more than a color. Our President, Drew M. Smith, LEED AP, was the founding President of the Florida Green Building Coalition and is the first Governor appointed Green Building Commissioner for the State of Florida. Two Trails, Inc. provides hands-on consulting making it easy to achieve certification.
About Two Trails, Inc. | Two Trails, Inc. is one of the nations premier Green Building Consulting firm established in 2001. We provide green consulting services nationwide for commercial, residential, remodeling, and developments seeking to obtain LEED certification and/or LEED Commissioning by USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council), National Green Building Certification by NAHB Research Center, Energy Star by the U.S. Department of Energy, & Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) certifications.
Two Trails, Inc.
Communications and Marketing Manager
tom at twotrails.com